Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pam and the Rabbits

Hey all,

It's time for installment number one of the Pam films.

In this one, you'll see Pam when she was just shy of two years old in July of 1958.





She was so cute, wasn't she? I promise not to give a lot of unneeded commentary on the films but just to associate you with the people that you'l usually see: The man in the film with the rabbits and the lady that you see him wrestle with (he seems to do that a lot) are her grandparents on her father's side. They always seemed to have a lot of rabbit hutches so maybe they sold rabbits?

Pam's Mom will usually be behind the camera but there will be some films later on where we'll see a little bit of her too. The man smoking the cigarettes is Pam's father. The other two older folks in the video (the lady and man on the porch) seem to be the other set of grandparents. And you'll also see a smattering of other relatives as well. She seemed to have been a very loved little girl.

8 comments:

Sara In AZ said...

What a perfectly dreamy and charmed childhood Pam must have had. And to be surrounded by rabbits ALL the time - awesome!!!! You know I'm jealous girl. It was so sweet how Pam seemed almost scared to touch the rabbits. Thanks so much for sharing these, they are really very special. I cannot wait for next Sunday!

Georgie Horn said...

Why would the family throw these out. makes me sad....

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

I have this terribly sad reaction to this. You know I blogged a bit in regards to keeping our memories. Selfish of me, I know!! I guess I'm at the mid life crisis time when I can't help but think of myself as Pam any time soon lol. Only no one will save me from the trash ha ha.

I'm so glad you are keeping her alive. :)

Lauren Atom said...

i'm so glad you're posting these. i really like following along. poor pam. wow her dad looks like just a kid! holy cow.

Kitsch and Curious Elsie said...

So charming and nostalgic. Her dad is so young!
Hey, I noticed they had a glider!

Steven Keylon said...

and look at the FABRIC on that glider!!!

me and the other me said...

how did you find out about the family after the fact? i know you have some detective in you so spill!

Little Rosy Runabout said...

I felt like crying when I saw the part where Pam was on the trike, doing the wide eyes and mouth, and blowing kisses. Her whole life was ahead of her and she seems like such a happy little girl. Her father is so young himself... it just makes my heart ache to think that these memories were discarded...