Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pam's Third Birthday and Christmas 1959

This film shows Pam on her third birthday with her parents and all of her grandparents. There are also some beautiful scenes at the end with Pam and her Mom decorating the Christmas tree and some great shots of some nice Southern home cooking. And don't miss the glimpses of a super cool red and white kitchen.

This was the first of the Pam films that I bought. Mister Kitsch and I set off on a hunt to find an 8mm projector that weekend after we bought the first film. When I first laid eyes on the pastel sweetness at the beginning of this film, I was hooked. I began brainstorming to come up with a way to get the money to buy them all. In the end, I would go and buy a few each time that I got some spending money. As fate would have it, they always stayed on the shelf waiting for me to bring them all home.

Let's go back to 1959, shall we?



Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

10 comments:

cheshirecat666 said...

That was wonderful,thanks for sharing!

Rae said...

i love seeing this. i think my favorite part is when she is playing the little kazoo? and the train is running all over. and her beautiful christmas dress! and that skinny tree!

JohnnyBerry said...

I love the glasses full of iced tea when she was blowing out her birthday candles.

And the ladies doing dishes -- that looked like a deviled egg plate that one lady was drying.

I would have loved to be able to raid their fridge for leftovers...

art deco dame said...

Wonderful!Thanks for sharing!

lynxymama said...

yeah, what is it about the ice tea that is so charming? that struck me as well. her clothes are killer, i heart pam! i am a little sad they cut her beautiful blonde curls! maybe she did it herself tho?

Georgie Horn said...

If she was 3 in 1959, then that means she would only be a few years older than my oldest sister. Wonder how she passed, what sweet family memories.

Sara In AZ said...

Everything about these films is so charming and beautiful - almost in a way that makes your heart hurt. I wonder if Pam got a Barbie Christmas of 1959? That was the very first Christmas Barbie debuted! That kitchen is awesome and I am completely in love with that Frieze couch with the gold threading. Can't wait until next Sunday!

Kate H said...

The first thing I thought was, Look how long her hair has gotten! Thanks for sharing these intimate moments with us, Eartha -- it's fun to see the changes from year to year and interesting to see what they thought was important enough to film.

DearHelenHartman said...

Just wondrous. Decorating the tree is just precious. Thanks for letting us share in Pam's Christmas.

Johanna said...

Fascinating look into the past. Earlier this year, my father and I sat down to watch home movies that he made when he was younger. I just wish there was sound to the movies, but it was so delightful watching relatives who had passed away moving around and smiling in the movies. Thank you so much for sharing!