Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pam's Christmas 1961

I wanted to share this bit of Christmas past from the Pam films with you today. The part where she dances with her doll is so sweet and I know that some of you vintage toy and doll collectors will recognize that tiny little kitchen set - glorious! This film was taken in 1961 when Pam was five years old. I wish that she were still around. I would have loved to have met her and shared these films with her this Christmas.

For more backstory on the Pam films, please go here.




Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

5 comments:

JohnnyBerry said...

I love these films!

In a way I am reminded of when Clark Griswold gets stuck in the attic and watches old home movies in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and Ray Charles' "That Spirit of Christmas" is playing...

Sara In AZ said...

Just soooooooo completely adorable....................

Tina said...

My mom got that little kitchen set for Christmas when she was 7, and she said it was best Christmas gift ever. I have to agree, because she passed it to me for Christmas when I was 5, and it was (to this day) the best gift I've ever gotten. We actually took it out a few months ago just to see it again!

Christine76 said...

It looks like she also got a really cute little "corner store" with cash register. I loved to play store when I was little.

Laura said...

I'm a late-comer both to your blog and to your Pam story, but wow, girl. I am one of those who sorts through old photos at flea markets and antique stores in a kind of indignant mood, thinking "who threw their Gramma away like Wednesday's leftovers?" Sometimes I'll bring a photo home if it speaks to me. But this....I don't know how you didn't bawl your eyes out. Thanks for "rescuing" Pam. Have you ever thought of returning these to the family?