Friday, September 28, 2012

Pam At The Park

We've been waiting all morning for our no-show stove repair person. Somebody please tell me why we can't get a single decent hard worker to come to our house? Oh my hee haw heck!  I'm about to go poco loco in the coco up in here! I had been keeping a chocolate Easter bunny around for an art project and the poor thing became a stress-eating casualty this morning. Gasp...I don't even know who I am anymore!

But enough of my whiny butt  drama. I thought that it might be a good time for some escapism. Since I haven't shown a Pam film in a while, I thought this might be a nice one with it's candy colors and beautiful little vintage dresses. I think that the part at the end where they are feeding ducks is shot at Nashville's Parthenon. Didn't you know that we have our very own Parthenon? It's totally true.  And built to scale, y'all!

Pam is the little girl with blonde hair who will be wearing a white sundress. She can be seen here in the left corner looking at the camera:





Like a dizzy little dream, isn't it?

Pam's Mom shot all of the films and she always went at breakneck speed!

A while back Jamie from Owl Really asked me to share my story about finding the Pam films for her series about second-hand scores called "Favorite Finds".  It can be found here.  I'd LOVE it if some of you would submit your very own favorite finds to her and I know that she would too.  It would be fun to see what great things you all have brought home! What do you say? If you're interested, please go on over and email her by clicking on the envelope icon under her photo. Or contact her through her comments section. Either way, give her a holler. I know she'll be happy to hear from you!


Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

7 comments:

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

hey, i tried to watch the video but it came up "this video is private"

Eartha Kitsch said...

Aha! Thanks, Rae! It *should* work now. If not, please let me know.

Jamie@OwlReally.com said...

Thanks SO much for sending people over to submit for Favorite Finds! Now that work life has picked up so much, it would be awesome to have this series going again - it would make my blog life so much easier! ;)

Can't wait to check out this latest Pam film!!!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

From the clothes, hairstyles and cars, it looks like Pam would be about my age right now, because those look like they're lifted straight from my childhood. I wonder what happened to her.

Eartha Kitsch said...

Jamie: You're welcome! I hope that someone will share. It's a really great series.

Dana: It was a really beautiful time. You're lucky to have grown up in it. Pam died of cancer. I believe it was breast cancer. Found out after I got the films by doing some research.

Sara In AZ said...

What a sweet, sweet little time capsule these films are. I've really missed them. I love that she filmed such random things like the racing cars and the airplanes!

Little Rosy Runabout said...

I love the Pam movies-- I was just thinking about them yesterday! Such sweet little time capsules!