Friday, December 21, 2012

End Times

As you probably know, the Mayan calendar says that the world as we know it is supposed to end today and that we will be plunked into a new civilization.

In case it does (or in case it doesn't), I had to let Skeeter have the last say. I admire her so much and my Dad has always had quite the Skeeter crush - so I can't think of a better send-off as we are propelled off into the mystical ether today.



I'll be wearing a scarf that used to belong to sweet Skeeter herself  - and toasting you all with what hopefully won't be my last sweet tea.




When my grandmother was here with us still, she used to warn her relatives that when she passed away, we were to lay her to rest in the ensemble that she'd picked out and not bury her in one of the outfits that you can buy at the funeral home. Those are open down the back, you see as it makes it easier to dress the dearly departed. She used to exclaim that she didn't want to rise up out of her grave on Judgment Day, only to meet Jesus with her fanny hanging out of the back of her clothes. Can't say that I blame her on that one! I mean, I'm sure that Jesus would understand but even in end times, it probably goes against any suggestion of good etiquette.

Whatever you're up to today, live it like it's your last day on Earth. I'd love for you to do so and I know that Skeeter, my Granny and the Mayans would too.

x's and o's,
Eartha



11 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

first, you beat me to posting this video. second, you're wearing her scarf? what? background, please!

Eartha Kitsch said...

Aww! You can still post it. That video needs to go global. It's just too good to be shown in one place!

I wish that I could say that Skeeter gave me the scarf but alas, I got it and some other goodies at her estate sale after she passed.

Mr. Tiny said...

Really? Her scarf! That is awesome - LOVE Skeeter! I have a feeling that I would love your grandma even more!!!

Rita said...

If the world ends, I hope you're still blogging, wherever you are!

Save some sweet tea for me, please.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I had forgotten that barette-in-the-front do. I wish I had a dollar for every time I wore my hair that way...or for every time I heard Skeeter sing that song on my grandmother's radio.

Unknown said...

We are all fine here and made it through the Mayan end of days without so much as a tremor. The sunset was magnificent though.

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

oh man, i should have had my tea in my skeeter davis mug and played my skeeter game of clue! i LOVE that song! hearing it in girl, interupted is what made me look her up in the first place. I'm so glad we're all still here.

The Curious Holts said...

LONG live Sonic limeaid!

Oh wait, I mean, HOORAY! We're all still alive.

xoxoxo

The Curious Holts said...

One more thing...

Skeeter's hair. Can you imagine how much spray is in that do? It does not move at all. The demise of hair spray was a sad thing.

Sara In AZ said...

Love that song girl!!!! AND yay for the world still being here! :) If I wasn't so sick I'd probably be partying it up more! hee!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

So glad that apocalypse was a bust! By the way, love the Skeeter scarf!