Friday, February 1, 2013

Filling Oprah's Void


Just like Oprah used to do , I'd like to show you two of my favorite things - and both of them brand new!


I found this gator mug at the Goodwill today. He's such a chipper chap in his top hat and bow tie!
I need  another piece of glassware like I need a hole in the head but I couldn't pass this guy up. Or the rooster glasses....or the flower juice glass. Sigh. I kid you not - the glass and plate aisle at Goodwill is one of my most favorite places on Earth. I'll show you the other spoils tomorrow! 

I couldn't wait to get Mr. Gator  home and fill him with my other newest favorite thing: Nutella Hot Chocolate. Ohmygosh....it's SO good. There are several different recipes around but I got mine from Trish at the Jellybones blog. I use an extra tablespoon of Nutella (just because it feels right) and skip the cinnamon and marshmallows which I replace with a big ole squirt of Redi-Whip. Yum....

The best part of this recipe (besides the obvious big heap of Nutella) is that it all melds together perfectly and doesn't leave any of that icky residue in the bottom of the mug like some recipes do. It's also good with soy milk.

Do you all have big weekend plans? Wow, it feels like I just asked you that yesterday. Was it really a week ago?? I guess a lot of you are planning on watching the Super Bowl? Would you think me unAmerican if I told you that I don't even know who's playing? Yeah, totally out of the loop! I do like that Puppy Bowl thing that they do though. And dip.  Guess what? This year, the cheerleaders at the Puppy Bowl are going to be hedgehogs!! CUTE. Did you see the streaker that they had a few years back? Completely sent me into stitches! I'll post it here in case you didn't: 

Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'll one up you, I didn't even know the Super Bowl was this weekend. I will be watching the puppy bowl though. Love the water bowl shots.

Unknown said...

Me, too! I got lots of plates today but didn't post them cuz I thought "Who wants to hear about plates?" Ha ha! Come to think of it, I often leave the dishware out of the thrift posts. But when you said you were gonna show the rest I got excited, so maybe I should be postin em. Maybe there are more glassware enthusiasts.....and yes, the Superbowl is not even on my radar this weekend.

Anonymous said...

No,you couldn't pass up on such a dapper guy as Mr Gator. I am the same way. I need more coffee mugs like Paris Hilton needs more shoes. But every now and then one calls to me. The one with pansies(my favorite flower) or the one with my name on it. Ginny is almost impossible to find so I had to have it.
LOL at the Puppy Bowl. Now I have The Streak playing in my head.

Eartha Kitsch said...

Trina44: Yay! Another Puppy Bowl fan! I'd forgotten about those cute water bowl shots.

Laura: Totally post them! I will like them for sure! : D

Darkelady: Ha! The Streak! That was a wild song. I'll keep my eyes open for any "Ginny" ones!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Like you, I never know who's playing in the Superbowl. You had me beat. I didn't even know it was this weekend.

And you had me at Nutella.

MmePolaire said...

I hate you, this recipe is all I need... I am currently trying to kick the hot chocolate with Bailey's and cinnamon that has added some not need pounds. And now this!
When I told my boyfriend he just shook his head and said "oh no".
I'll be "testing" it this weekend with my aunt!

DearHelenHartman said...

It has been a fast week, hasn't it? Loving that gator mug - now when you say you're taking over for Oprah you aren't going to start telling us what to read and giving away cars, are you?

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

that mug!!! he is PERFECT. i can't pass up cute mugs either, even though i NEVER drink out of mugs. we have a whole shelf of them.
i wish i had cable just to watch the puppy bowl. and hedge hog cheerleaders might just kill me dead. I volunteered to work tomorrow because i do not care at ALL about the super bowl. someone will probably ask me the score. and i always like to say of what? is it basketball? sports fans hate that.

bitter69uk said...

Oh, Eartha -- you're MY Oprah Winfrey already! "Filling Oprah's Void" sounds a bit rude, by the way!

Rhubarbarians said...

YAY! You tried it! Amazing eh? I am also a HUGE sucker for mugs and glasses at thrift shops. I've even got a drawer full in my dresser for jewelry. ha! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think I'm gonna go to the movies during the Super Bowl. I did that a few years ago and it's like a ghost town there... Which I love. Also I love goodwill housewares. Old mugs are my kryptonite