Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Remembrance of "Pink"

Thanks to Amber for sharing this amazing obiturary of an an even more amazing woman. I'm going to strive to have an obit like her when I pass one day and I wish that I could have known her. I'm pretty sure that I'd been behind her all of the way. You can read her full obituary here:




You can see a really cool news story about her here as well. I think it's great that this story has inspired that news station to do a running series of stories about people who help others. We have to strive to remember that it's not how rich we are or how much stuff we own when we die (even if that stuff is amazing kitsch and vintage floor wax) that will make people remember us. It's how many lives we touch with our actions. Let's make "Pink" proud. 

Have a great weekend y'all!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I think we could all learn some things from this dame. except maybe: Believe the hitchhiker you pick up who says he is a landscaper and his name is "Peat Moss."

amber said...

Aw, nice! I think Miss Pink woulda loved you, Eartha Mae. I know I do!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I adore this woman! And one day I will meet her, it's truly a reality that she believed wholeheartedly. The evidence is in all the love that she openly gave, to the point of being completely vulnerable to danger at times.. what a courageous, feisty fircracker! She didn't play it safe with love, I just love this! Thanks for sharing, Eartha. I'm gonna post it on facebook.
By the way, anyone who even takes pity on a possum is as good as they're gonna come. ;) I love that she is with "her friend, Jesus". Many perceive the wrong thing about His followers because of all the boneheads who are merely church attendees... When He really is trusted with your heart, your life blooms like Pink's. I love it!!

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Love reading inspiring stories like this! Ms. Pink was one incredible lady! I think we can all benefit from her wise words.

Kelli Davidson said...

To live a life half as full as Pink's is to have lived a good life - which is all we can hope for anyway. Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I share as well tonight when I get home from work.

Unknown said...

Looks like Pink lived right down the street from me in Wisconsin...sorry I never met her, she sounds like a hoot. Maybe we'll meet someday and she can show me all her thrifty tricks.

Atomic Auntie said...

What a treasure! Since nobody's hungry or cold in heaven, it will be Pink's turn to be cared for.

Nancy said...

Awesome! thank you for sharing with all of us. I am so impressed with how she lead a life with love. She wasn't afraid to reach out. How many of us live in fear of who is next to us? She thought of everyone as a potential friend with whom she had something she could share. wow. just wow.



I also love that whoever wrote the obit knew her so well, and teased her a bit. I'm wearing a splash of "pink" today myself. Have fun in heaven!

Susie said...

This makes me want to hug somebody, lots of somebodies. This sounds like the grandma I wish I had. Thanks for sharing.